Tracking pixel

Your tenancy responsibilities

  • Pay your rent in full and on time (one week or one month in advance)
  • Be a considerate neighbour, make sure that everyone who lives with or visits you doesn't cause a nuisance or annoy others
  • Not use your home for any illegal or immoral purpose
  • Ask permission to run a business from your home
  • Live in your home - you can’t move out and allow someone else to move in
  • Give us 4 weeks’ notice when you intend to move out
  • You are responsible for taking care of your home and we expect that you’ll:
  • Not cause any damage
  • Keep us up to date with who is living in your home
  • Keep your home and garden clean, tidy and rubbish free
  • Keep your home in good repair - take care of repairs you're responsible for and report any repairs that are ours
  • Allow us access for annual gas inspections/condition surveys/electrical surveys or to carry out repairs
  • Report any damage that you, those you live with or any visitors have caused
  • Not leave caravans, trailers, other large items or untaxed vehicles on your drive or any shared area
  • Return our calls when we need to speak to you and meet with us to review your tenancy

If you breach your agreement, we will inform you and take appropriate action. If it is serious, we will take legal action.

Our tenancy responsibilities

  • Take account of your views
  • Carry out the repairs we are responsible for
  • Allow you to carry out your own improvements and alterations - but you need our permission first.
  • Let you to take in lodgers – you’ll need our permission first and it can’t cause overcrowding
  • Allow you to exchange with another social landlord or council tenant - providing you have our permission
  • Give you information about the services we provide and how we perform
  • Consult you about any changes to your service

Home Contents Insurance

We always advise all tenants to have their own contents insurance and following the flooding earlier this year we would really encourage you to make sure you cover your belongings with contents insurance.

While Torus cover your building insurance, your personal belongings need to be covered by contents insurance. Contents insurance covers everything you’d take with you if you move. From the jewellery you wear to the sofas you sit on; contents insurance covers the lot.