No matter how tempting it might be to take money from a doorstep lender or pay day loans company, think first. Everyday thousands of people are bitten by unscrupulous lenders charging huge interest rates. If you're not careful, what seems like a easy, quick fix can quickly turn into an even even more difficult problem.
If you really need to borrow money, it’s better to choose a responsible organisation that specialises in affordable loans for people on low incomes who might otherwise struggle to get credit. Credit Unions are ideal.
Credit Unions are community led and offer a variety of different services for saving and borrowing.
Your local Credit Unions
St Helens Credit Unions
Warrington Credit Unions
- North East Warrington Credit Union (NEWCU) - Fearnhead
- Fairfield, Howley & Latchford Credit Union - Howley
- Sankey Brook Credit Union - Liverpool Road
- Warrington Credit Union - Westy
Liverpool Credit Unions
- Central Liverpool Credit Union https://centralcu.co.uk/
- Liverpool Community Credit Union https://liverpoolcommunitycreditunion.co.uk/
- Riverside Credit Union https://riversidecreditunion.co.uk/
- Norris Green Credit Union - 0151 256 5582
- Enterprise Credit Union https://enterprisecreditunion.org
- Partners Credit Union Ltd https://www.partnerscreditunion.co.uk/
- Lodge Lane and District Credit Union https://www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk/credit-unions/lodge-lane-district-credit-union-ltd/
- Knowsley Mutual Credit Union https://knowsleymutualcu.co.uk/
- Sefton Credit Union https://www.seftoncreditunion.org/
- Southdene Credit Union https://www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk/credit-unions/southdene-c-u-ltd/
You can also get help from the Torus Foundation Financial Inclusion Team can also provide information on who can help support you with benefit / grant applications, help you manage your money or signpost you to organisations who can help. Call them on 0300 123 5809, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online form. Find more information and support on the Torus Foundation website.
Don’t get bitten by a Loan Shark
A small loan from an illegal loan shark can quickly lead to massive repayments. For support, call Stop Loan Shark’s 24/7 helpline on 0300 555 2222 or visit www.stoploansharks.co.uk/.
If you are struggling to pay your rent, please get in touch: