Your local support service - Safe2Speak
The Domestic Abuse Service in St Helens are delivered by Torus St Helens, offering support to any resident of St Helens who is a victim of domestic abuse, whatever their living situation.
You don’t have to a Torus tenant to get help.
The service is free, confidential, supportive, informative, non-judgmental and available to anyone experiencing domestic abuse of any kind: sexual, physical, emotional or financial.
The service has remained fully operational throughout the COVID-19 situation, so no matter the situation, if you feel at risk from a partner or family member in the home, Safe2Speak are still here to help. Safe2Speak IDVA & Outreach service are contactable on 01744 743200 each day 9am – 5pm. Their 24 hour helpline remains open and you can call them on 01925 220541. If it is not safe to call, please click here for information on accessing support online.
If you are seeking support call our domestic abuse services on 01744 743200. Find out more on our Safe2Speak website.
If your call to 01744 743200 is unanswered, this may be due to us receiving a high volume of calls.
Please do not leave a voicemail at this time as this facility cannot be monitored due staff working from home. Instead, please call 01925 220541 to leave a message for the IDVA/Outreach Service: including your name, safe contact number & how we can help.
Text to access support for Domestic Abuse
If you are not able to call the Safe2Speak helpline, for whatever reason – whether you are deaf, or it is just not safe to do so – then you can now text: 07781472828.
You will receive an automated response, which you may wish to delete for your own safety: Your concern has been logged and is being processed
Your text will be picked up Monday to Friday 9-5pm and you will be contacted within 24-48 hours – we can respond by text, phone or email, whatever is the safest for you, so make sure you include the relevant information in your text.
In an emergency, always dial 999 - if you are unable to speak always press '55' when prompted to confirm an emergency.
Other support available:
- Women’s Aid | womensaid.org.uk | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Refuge (includes information for men) - 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- National Domestic Violence helpline on 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Men’s Advice Line 0808 801 0327 - advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Mankind 01823 334244 – advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence - Freephone Helpline 0808 2000 247
- PALADIN - National Stalking Advocacy Service - 020 3866 4107 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGBT Foundation Advice Support & Information - 0345 3 30 30 30
- Galop – LGBT+ Anti Violence charity - 0800 999 5428
- RASA Merseyside (Rape and Sexual Assault Advice) - Helpline Support 0151 666 1392
- Respect helpline: 0808 802 4040 (for anyone worried that they may be harming someone else)
- Police 101 (non-emergency)
- Contact @CrimestoppersUK, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- You can find out about more local and national domestic abuse support on the council’s website.
- Government advice
- More information from Merseyside Police
Victim Care Merseyside
Victim Care Merseyside, is a new care and support service provided by Merseyside Police which puts victims at the centre of the region’s police service and criminal justice system.
The service is designed to give victims the best possible help to cope and recover from the after effects of crime and ensure victims get enhanced support from the first moment they report a crime to Merseyside Police right through to greater emotional support and increased counselling and therapeutic services.